Friday, July 12, 2013

Well here goes! I am starting my first blog. After all my blog stalking you would think I would know what to say.  Yet, I am already beginning to ramble.

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Amy and I grew up in Oviedo, Florida and I went to the University of Florida (Go Gators!).  I married a goofy, but completely dedicated US Marine. Jeremy and I have 3 boys who couldn't be more different.  Greg is my oldest and excels at sports and video games, but would pass on school if he could. Andrew loves school and never stops asking questions.  He is genuinely curious about everything and cannot get enough learning done in a day. Matthew is autistic but the absolute heart of our family. He makes us laugh everyday and he teaches us all how amazing our life really is.

As a military family we have lived in North Carolina, Southern California and currently we live in Okinawa, Japan.  We love this little island!  The people are sweet, the views are gorgeous and the experience is one we will always fondly remember.  BUT, alas, we do miss home.  I keep thinking that if there was only a Hobby Lobby or Target, I could surely make something cute to share. I guess my Monday Made-its are going to be super crafty (like q-tips, duct tape and paper clips kind of crafty).

Why am I starting a blog?  Well, I love collaboration, I love talking, and I really need an outlet for my ideas. This year I have been blessed with an amazing team and I know big things are on the horizon for me.  I want to make sure I document these ideas and maybe get feedback from other teachers who have been there, done that.

I am super excited to be a part of this community of teachers and bloggers. If anyone gets over to my blog, please leave me a comment or drop me a line.

Happy Blogging!
Amy

PS- I may need some serious help on making this blog bling. Let me know if you can help!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! On making your blog! Great name too! I can help with anything, let me know. There are lots of teacher blogs that give tech tips and other blogs that have blog tips for linky parties. Be sure to check out the calender of linky parties on my page, it might help you out! Also, check that your comments are hooked up to your email so when people comment, you can just press reply in your email to get back to them! Looking forward to reading more about what you do in Japan! :)

    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Your blog looks great! I am a new blogger as well. I can't believe how much I already love it. I became a follower, and I'm really looking forward to reading about your experiences teaching in Okinawa.

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    fittobefourth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I am loving blogging, too. I feel like I just joined a super cool club...one where everyone "gets it." Its refreshing. Its also nice to know you have a huge set of friends who are so forthcoming with ideas and support. Yay, team!
      I will try to keep the Okinawan theme alive at least once a week. tehre is so much to share, and not all tropical beaches, either.
      I have been a follower of yours so I am super excited that you are following me. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your blog. I am thinking of doing one, but feel terrified/intimidated. Where to start??? I love your pictures around Okinawa. And your developing classroom. Best wishes for the coming school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to follow Christi at http://msfultz.blogspot.com/ She has awesome tech/blog tips. Also Ashley at http://www.theschoolsupplyaddict.com/ has great tips also. http://mrsbrownthebookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete